Thursday, February 19, 2009

Revisiting my Ship

wooden ships 002

This is a model of a ship that I built, but its  not the first one that I built.  The first one that I built was made of layers of wood,( a solid block of wood that formed the hull). I was not happy with it so I was going to rebuild it, and to put more detail into it, and make it more presentable. I did not succeed, and it ended up in the wood pile.

Needless to say I have since learned that the proper way to build a model, is to have a good plan with lots of details and a list of materials. You have to visualize scale, what would the real thing look like, compared to what you could make say from scratch. It has to look  real only small scale,( say 1/4”= 1’-0” ) You have to think of your self as being only one  and a half inches tall, that is if you are six feet tall in reality. This takes some doing, but it can be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment