Sunday, July 26, 2009

How about this !

Last week I went and saw the tall ships courtesy of my son and daughter in-law. Needless to say,I was quite impressed with what I saw,especially the wooden ships. As you might know, I am a wood man,(no I don’t have a wooden leg,or am I a block head) I just like wood. Wood to me represents life until it is cut down,then it becomes dead,such as man which is alive until he gets old, then he dies. This I believe could be one reason why it is said “  that some men see people as trees”(enough on that point).

This is what I saw in the wooden ships, all the planking, all the decking, all the ribs and blocking, the masts etc., trees that were once alive, now made alive again by being shaped in such a way as to serve a meaningful purpose to please the human eye and desires. This I call amazing.

Steel on the other hand is all man made, as it comes from the earth and man puts it together to form any shape that he desires. Now I’m not against steel as I use allot of it myself in one form or another, but what I am saying that there is a difference in a  wooden ship , and one made of steel, I don’t sense the same character as I do in wooden ships.

Anyway that's how I see ships. How do you see ships?

No comments:

Post a Comment