Saturday, February 14, 2009

Makin my Boat

wooden ships 001

Well , I am back with my blog. Got help from Shawn as to what to do with my pictures, now I am well established.

As you might have guessed, my hobby is to build model ships of days gone past, and the present. I suspect that this interest stems from the fact my ancestor Jeremiah Simms was him self a ship builder in Yarmouth Co. many years ago, and my middle initial happens to be Simms.

As you can see by the picture, this model is close too, but not as exact as it could be to the real thing. But whose going to know for sure, as the real ship is now at bottom of the Atlantic, off Hattie ( I am told, ) and my model is still in my recreation room.

But one thing I am told, that It is important to have a plan to build a ship or boat, and it is important to follow the plan as best as one can, ( trust me saves a whole lot of grief in the long run.) One thing I found out though, that all the details needed were not shown, and I was left to guess at what was needed to be done in this or any particular case. So the bottom line is, its my boat , and I will do what I want, ( and suffer any consequences that may arise from my decision .)

This is all for now, see you next time with more to come.

1 comment:

  1. That's quite a boat you have there. Some detail shots would be nice...

    ReplyDelete