Sunday, February 15, 2009

Motor Launch

MVC-003F

What you see above is a model of a French motor Launch that I have just put together,all from scratch. This I had some trouble with, because the plan that I took it from,did not match up in the bow and the keel. Let me explain , the frame has a keel and bulkheads which are supposed to be notched together , and all line up from bow to stern. Everything was fine until I got to where the cabin  is situated , then the bulkheads started to go down instead of up to the end of the bow. I got it all planked in,( the hull and the deck) when I noticed “hey this does not look right”, It does not line up according to the side elevation of the boat. Something was dreadfully wrong, and I had to take the deck all off, build it up, and then put it back the way it was supposed to be.

What I should have done was draw my own plan using the sections that they gave me, and seen it for myself first hand, and gone from there. But I learned the hard way, (never do that again)  . I now have the boat complete except for fibreglass coating inside and out, and then painting, setting the radio controls, battery storage, etc. in place, and she is ready to go, I hope.

By the way, I had to use waterproof glue for this one, as you can guess what would happen to my boat in the water, if I did not.

No comments:

Post a Comment